The Log Horizon TRPG (tabletop role-playing game), also shortened as the LHTRPG, is based on the world of Log Horizon and was designed by 7-Sided Workshop, Kinuno Boushi, and Mamare Touno. In the game, players create Adventurers that fight the Genius monsters on the Yamato server. The first replay was released on March 31st, and the rulebook was released on April 21st.
The Log Horizon TRPG is a tabletop RPG (like Dungeons & Dragons) designed by Touno Mamare and Kinuno Boushi. It plays somewhat similarly to games designed by F.E.A.R. such as Night Wizard!, but has a unique "Hate" mechanic that represents aggro in an MMO and requires the party to work together to survive enemy attacks.
Along with the Rulebook and Replays, 7-Sided Workshop also publishes the Celdessia Gazette, a free monthly publication that supplies extra scenarios, monsters, and world-building for LHTRPG players.
Playing the TRPG Edit
- Enemy Data -- Official data on how to make your own enemies from scratch.
- Monster Data
- New Enemy Data -- A list of around 40 new enemies pulled from extra material, CR1-CR4.
- GM EX Powers -- A list of special powers the GM can spend Fate Points on in order to increase difficulty during a scenario.
- Log Horizon TRPG/Subclasses -- Special skills and items that rely on a character's subclass.
- Situation Box: High Society - Several scenario actions for use at a gathering of Lander nobility, and a sample mission demonstrating them.
- Named Items CR1-5 -- Gazette #4 contained a great deal of Named Items ranked 1-10. This is the first half of the list, with some repeats, but all have flavor text now.
- Named Items CR6-10 -- The other half of the Named Items. They do not have flavor text, that might get translated later. For now, enjoy the items!
- Into the Theldesia: A series of supplementary material that fleshed out information about races and other aspects of the world of Theldesia.
| Log Horizon TRPG Rulebook: You can be the Adventurer!|
|April 21, 2014||ISBN 978-4047293595|
| Log Horizon TRPG Replay: Twilight Princess and Adventurers |
|March 31, 2014||ISBN 978-4047293601|
| Log Horizon TRPG Replay 2: Feast Kitchen and Genius of Pestilence|
|September 29, 2014||ISBN 978-4047299290|
| Log Horizon TRPG Replay 3: Goat-Slime Tank and Neverending Journey'|
(ログ・ホライズンTRPG リプレイ 山羊スラ戦車と終わらない旅?)
|March 27, 2015||ISBN 978-4047302679|
| Log Horizon TRPG Extended Rulebook: Create your very own world!|
(ログ・ホライズンTRPG 拡張ルールブック キミだけの世界を創れ！?)
|March 20, 2018||ISBN 978-4047351080|
- Mamare Touno stated that some of the characters from the replay would appear in the second season of the anime. True to form, Seine from the Replay participates as a member of the Watermaple Consulate Raid Party.
- The sample characters from the TRPG Rulebook also appear throughout Log Horizon 2, often in the episode's introduction and/or to explain certain concepts.