Log Horizon 6: Lost Child of the Dawn is the sixth volume of the Log Horizon light novel series. This volume focuses on Akatsuki and the Watermaple Consulate Raid Party, and takes place concurrently with Gold of the Kunie, which focuses on Shiroe's side.
- Les enfants perdus de l'aube (French, omnibus with volume 5)
Chapter 1: Murderer
Chapter 2: Cracked Wing
Chapter 3: Fallen Guardian
Chapter 4: Mare Tranquillitatis
Chapter 5: Raid Battle
Crescent Moon Alliance
Akiba Raid Map
Guild Organization Charts
Several charts detailing structures of several major Akiban guilds: Log Horizon, the Crescent Moon Alliance, D.D.D., the Black Sword Knights, West Wind Brigade, Oceanic Systems, and the Roderick Firm.
Popularity Poll Results
A mail-in popularity poll was released in a previous volume. Hara Kazuhiro created special illustrations for the top 5 winners: Akatsuki, Shiroe, Nyanta, Minori, and Rundelhous. The images were incorporated into an illustration featured as a color spread in this volume, and wallpapers of each character were released on Mamare's now-defunct official site, mamare.net.
- The title of this volume is a pun on Akatsuki's name. Akatsuki's name (アカツキ) is pronounced the same way as 暁, which is one word that means "dawn." Another word that also means dawn is 夜明け (yoake), which is used in the title.
- In the end of the previous volume, Yen On's given title for this volume was Lost Child of Dawn. The final title, used on the cover of the volume, was Lost Child of the Dawn.
- Differences in Yen On's version:
- In the character introductions, the Japanese version's "Maryelle" was changed to "Marielle," which has been consistently used in the English translation.
- The kerning in Akatsuki, Henrietta, and Rayneshia's names were widened to match the spacing in "Marielle," but Minori and Shiroe's names were left unchanged.
- Because the profiles in Chapters 3-5 directly used the templates from the previous volume, the "Level" parameter was not changed from "Age." As a result, Mikakage, Rieze, and Rayneshia's profiles erroneously claim that their ages are 78, 90, and 14.
- This volume went back to leaving out the next-volume preview. However, the preview just used this volume's colored illustration with the title of the next volume and the release date. It also included sketches of what was likely planned to be the next volume's profiles (Naotsugu, Shiroe, Kinjo, William Massachusetts, and Demiqas). However, between volume 7's preview and its publication, Naotsugu, Shiroe, William, and Demiqas' poses and equipment were changed, while Kinjo was completely replaced by Tetora.
- The French version, as an omnibus publication (publishes two volumes together as one), uses the title and cover of volume 6 rather than volume 5, breaking the pattern established by the previous two books that used the covers and titles of the first included volume.
The Beginning of Another World • The Knights of Camelot • Game's End, Part 1 • Game's End, Part 2 • A Sunday in Akiba • Lost Child of the Dawn • The Gold of the Kunie • The Larks Take Flight • Go East, Kanami! • Homesteading the Noosphere • Krusty, Tycoon Lord